Words & Gifts

The most precious piece of art I have in the home, is the one hanging over my bed. It simply says, “Always kiss me goodnight.” Although I do not have an earthly being to portray this special endearment to, this serves as a friendly reminder that I should honor God for the day I’ve completed. … Continue reading Words & Gifts

Love Hurts?

The month of February offers much to celebrate. It is the month where love is illustrious, it is Black History month, and it is recognized by the Heart Association as American Heart Month. In thought and spirit, it declares a time of pure and generous succor. Elucidating comfort to those who may have good satisfying … Continue reading Love Hurts?

This Sort of Love

A week before Christmas I write this not as hasty material, but more so based on characteristics preserved by great truths of love, grace, and forgiveness. On this early morning, my words are not coincidental. They are not rushed. Instead their aim is to augment my expressions, feelings, and desires at this most precious time … Continue reading This Sort of Love

Simple Gifts

I’ve competed all the decorations for the Christmas season. Cookie plates for my neighbors have been chosen and recipes are abundant. Currently, I am making apple butter for one of my kind neighbors who brought over Fisherman’s Stew a few weeks ago. It was extremely delicious and came at the most appropriate day and time, … Continue reading Simple Gifts