- Oven safe ceramic or non-reactive dish
- 2 lbs Thawed tilapia about 4 large pieces
- Salt/Black Pepper to taste Don't use too much salt if you are using salted salsa
- 3/4 cup Home made salsa the kind you cook on the stove or your favorite brand
- 4 tsp Butter, cut in four pieces I prefer grass-fed butter, if I don't have time to make my own
- 8 pieces Lemon, sliced thin organic if at all possible
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley for garnish
- First step-Warm oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit before combining all ingredients
- Prepare an oven safe ceramic, glass or non-reactive 9x9 inch oven safe dish by spraying with a nonstick spray. If your Tilapia pieces are large, you may need a 9x13 dish.
- Dry fish with paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Put 2 slices of lemon in the prepared dish and add a piece of fish on top of slices of lemon. Each piece of fish should have 2 slices of lemon underneath
- Add one slice of butter on top of each piece of fish
- Pour salsa over each piece of fish until slightly covered in the middle
- Cover dish with a piece of parchment, then cover this with aluminum foil. Baked fish for about 25-30 minutes.
- Once finished, remove lemon slices from the bottom of each piece of fish before serving. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley
- Serve over warm cooked rice or spinach to create a warm spinach salad. Enjoy!