Holy Basil Shrimp & Scallop
- Large skillet
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp Mexican Blue Shrimp or of your choice Mexican Blue Shrimp or of your choice
- 1 lb uncooked medium scallops
- 1 tbs olive oil extra virgin
- 1 medium onion chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1-2 tsp Holy Basil chili sauce recipe in the method section for this recipe
- 4 green onion as garnish cut in 1/4 inch pieces
- Saute onion and bell pepper pieces in oil on medium heat until soften, but not mushy. You may add just a small amount of salt to allow these to sweat.
- Add peeled and cleaned shrimp, scallop, and Holy Basil Chili Sauce. Stir together, cover and let sweat, stirring about two times until shrimp is pink and scallop is cooked through; about 7-10 minutes. The steam formed will create a sauce within the pot. Do not over cook, or shrimp will become tough.
- Serve warm over cooked Basmati or Jasmine rice.This is a simple,delicious,and satisfying meal